Sagebrush tags offers a wide variety of Custom Print options for ear tags.
Custom printing of tags allows you to uniquely identify your animal, which is helpful for a variety of reasons which could include the following:
- As a management tool
- As advertising to help promote your herd
- Help prevent theft.
Some folks use different colors of tags to designate different herds, sex of the animal or year of birth.
Some folks use the international year/letter designations for animal identification. You may view the chart here. We would like to thank the Beef Improvement Federation for allowing us to use this chart on our website.
When custom-printed tags are ordered, we will have them professionally printed by the manufacturer and then shipped directly to you, the customer. Your custom print order will usually arrive within 2 to 4 weeks of the order date, although it can sometimes take longer January through May, and September through November, as these are the busiest times of year for the tag companies. If you need them sooner, please let us know and we can check with the manufacturer to see if they can meet your deadline. We will try to keep you updated on current processing times periodically via our facebook page - www.Facebook.Com/sagebrushtags.
You are welcome to contact us for pricing and information on custom printing options.
Pricing for most of our custom tag orders is based on custom print per side - usually $0.25 to $0.50 per tag. There will be an option in the ordering boxes on many tag ordering pages, which will allow you to add custom imprint options. Product ordering pages that don't offer custom print options may still be able to be custom printed - feel free to Contact Us and ask.
Please be sure to let us know what information you would like on the tags, where you want it, approximately how large, etc.
There will be a place to upload the files (images, templates, spreadsheets) at checkout, or you can Contact Us.
Logo or brand submission format:
Preferred submission format for logos or brands is black and white .Jpg or .Pdf. If you are unable to provide the logo or brand in a black and white .Jpg or .Pdf format, we are still usually able to make a very nice looking image for you. However, be aware that it might take a little longer.
Facebook picture submission:
If you are ordering custom print tags, please feel free to take a picture of the tag(s) and/or picture of your animal(s) wearing the new tag(s), and post your pictures to our Facebook page at www.Facebook.Com/sagebrushtags. (Posting your pictures to our Facebook page will serve as permission for us to also post the pictures to our website gallery, if we decide we would like to add them there.)
Most manufacturers will require a one-time set-up fee for logos and brands. Prices range from $31.00 to $40.00 per setup. If you need custom logos or custom fonts on two sides of the tags or different logos or fonts for more than one group of tags this could require additional setup fees.
If you order the same format and information a second time, you will not usually have to pay the set-up fee again. If you choose hot-stamp printing, there will sometimes be a set-up fee. I can check on this for you based on your unique situation.
Small Order Fee:
All custom orders of less than 50 tags (or less than 200 feedlot tags) will be charged an additional $5.00 small order fee (sometimes this is $10.00 on the engraved Ritchey tags - we can let you know at the time of ordering). Please choose the correct option for this from the list choices at checkout.
Basic Guidelines By Manufacturer
Here are some basic guidelines for each company that we offer custom printed tags from - (clicking on the manufacturer name will take you to page with more ordering information and pricing).
If you are having a new logo done, it can take about 2-10 days to receive the "mockup" showing how the logo will look. Then you can approve or ask for changes as needed. After this, processing will take approximately one week, and then the order will ship. During the busy times of year, such as January through May, or September through November, these processing times could take a little longer.
Management numbers are printed in a Black ink over laser print, while other text and logos and brands are printed in laser. The laser is more of a dark gray, but guaranteed to last the life of the animal. (Whitegold laser on black tags is not guaranteed.)
Image Charge: There Will Be A One-Time Setup Charge Of $31 For All New Images. All New Images Should Be Sent As A Computer File, Preferably .Jpg, .Pcx, .Bmp File Or As Camera-Ready Art. Intricate Images That Require More Detail And Sharpness Or Sent Hand Drawn Will Be Priced At $50.
Allflex has an iPad app that I can use to make sample tags showing your text as it would appear on the tags. I can send these to you via email. Please note on your order if you would like me to email a sample or samples to you.
You can view most of their custom layout options here (takes a while for page to load).
Engraved tags will usually ship in 5-10 business days, but could take up to 3-4 weeks to ship during the busier times of the year.
RUSH ordering is available, subject to approval from Ritchey. The fee for RUSH orders is 10% or a minimum of $25 (may not be available during peak times).
Engraved tags are price by the "line". You can figure approximately $0.30 per line for most simple logos, numbers or lines of text.
Brands and logos can be engraved, as well as numbers and text.
For most custom orders, Ritchey will provide a template/proof via email for approval before beginning the engraving process.
The setup fee, which is needed for most custom layouts, is $40.00. The setup fee will usually be charged per information change - example one group of tags will have a phone number on it but another group of tags will have a different phone number on it - this will usually require an additional setup charge.
Small order fees for the Ritchey tag special orders will range from $5.00 to $10.00
Non-expedited shipping charges for Ritchey Engraved tags will be $15.00.
Please Contact Us for more information and pricing for Pre-numbered or Custom Engraved Ritchey tags.
The 123 shown on the tags in the image below is done in Hot-stamp, which has basically been discontinued. The "Color" engraved below the 123 ("PURPLE"," BLUE", "GREEN", etc) is ENGRAVED using a dremel tool. If we have Ritchey engrave your tags, they usually look very nice, and are also guaranteed not to fade.
RITCHEY TEMPLATE FOR LARGE, MEDIUM AND SMALL TAGS
- Custom print Temple Tags orders will usually deliver within 2-3 weeks during the busier seasons of January through May, and September through November. During the off season of June through August, many orders will deliver in about 3-7 days, dependent on your location.
- Laser print is the standard print for the Herdsman tags, which is a nice dark gray, long-lasting print - guaranteed for the life of the animal against fading out.
- Hot-stamp print is available upon request.
- Herdsman Black tags will be hot-stamped with White foil.
- Hot-stamp print is not guaranteed and is recommended for short-term use only.
- Custom print formats using Hot Stamp may incur additional charges of $0.07 - $0.20 per tag, and will be charged after the order is placed - feel free to Contact Us for a quote on hot-stamp formats.
- FaStocker feedlot tags will be black inkjet print, as they are for short term usage.
- There will be a $40.00 set-up fee for Brands/Logos that are not already on file with Temple Tag. There is a choice at checkout to add the fee.
- If you order less than 50 custom print tags, be sure to choose the $5.00 Small order fee at checkout.
Please Contact Us with any questions you may have about custom print tags.
- If you are having a new logo done, it will usually take about 7-10 days to receive the "mockup" showing how the logo will look. After that, you can approve or ask for changes as needed.
- Once the logo is approved processing, it will take approximately one week to manufacture, and then the order will ship.
- During the busy times of year, such as January through May, or September through November, these processing times could take a little longer.
Management numbers are printed in a Black ink over laser print, while other text, logos, and brands are printed in laser. The laser is more of a dark gray but guaranteed to last the life of the animal. (Whitegold laser on black tags is not guaranteed.) Laser will also be used for Small round tags, LitterMax tags, and barcodes.
Image Charge: There Will Be A One-Time Setup Charge Of $31 For All New Images. All New Images Should Be Sent As A Computer File, Preferably .Jpg, .Pcx, .Bmp File Or As Camera-Ready Art. Intricate Images That Require More Detail And Sharpness, Or Sent Hand Drawn, Will Be Priced At $50.
- Z tags custom print orders will usually deliver within 2-3 weeks during the busy seasons of January through May, and September through November. During the less busy months, such as June through August, they could deliver in as little as 3-7 days dependent on your location.
- Z tags offers Laser print (dark gray - shows up well - guaranteed for life of animal against fading out - laser not available on Black tags.)
- Hot-stamp print is also available by special request for Z1 tags and feedlot tags - "indents" print on tag - nice dark black color but fades over time - not guaranteed. Hot-stamp print could cost a little more than listed prices for more detailed orders.
- Printed Feedlot Tags are printed with Ink Jet unless you specifically request the hot-stamp.
- One-time set-up fee for all custom imprint tags with new logos or brands is $40.00.
- Processing times will vary seasonally. Printed orders usually take 2-4 weeks for delivery during the busy seasons of January through May, and September through November. Orders can usually be processed a little more quickly June through August.
- Y-TEX offers 3 types of print:
- Laser print * (recommended for long-term use tags) dark gray color. New and improved laser is darker in color as of April 2017. Guaranteed for life of animal against fading out. (Whitegold laser is only available on black tags and is not guaranteed.)
Digital Ink Print - Nice Black Color - generally lasts about 1-4 years (not available for All-American 2pc tags).
Hot-Stamp - Black Color indents into tag - generally lasts about 1-4 years.
- One-time print set-up fee for new logos or brands is $39.00.
- Special order Hot-stamp or Digital Print tags may be charged an additional $0.10 per tag (shown in ordering box if this pricing applies).
- Y-TEX has an online program I can use to make sample tags for you at the beginning of the ordering process. It is somewhat generic, and doesn't allow for all layout possibilities, but will often give a good idea of layout possibilities for your order. Please note in your order submission if you would like these samples.
- There is a $25.00 mockup fee for orders WITHOUT logos if you wish to see a more "official" mockup version of your tag layout than what can be done on the online program.
- Mockups/samples will be sent via email, or possibly sent by text if needed.